Adcarb 450mg Injection is used for the treatment of certain types of lung and ovarian cancer. It is also prescribed for the treatment of cancer in the breast, bladder, head and neck. It has a wide spectrum of activity against solid tumors while exhibiting less toxic effects on the stomach and kidneys, unlike other drugs. This drug is well tolerated, and the side effects such as nausea, vomiting are milder and delayed.
Uses of Adcarb 450mg Injection:
- Treatment of small cell and non-small cell lung cancer
- Treatment of ovarian cancer and breast cancer in women
- Treatment of testicular cancer in men
- Treatment of bladder cancer, head and neck cancer.
How Adcarb 450mg Injection works:
Adcarb 450mg Injection interferes with the growth of cancer cells, slows their growth and spread in the body. It binds to the DNA and affects its transduction pathway. This interaction produces lesions in DNA and crosslinking takes place. Crosslinking causes errors in DNA replication, modifies its structure, hinders its synthesis and thus, triggers cell death.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store this injection away from light. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Hospira UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Oct 2020] [Accessed on 17th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3787.pdf
- Pfizer Inc., [Revised on Jun 2020] [Accessed on 17th Jun 2021], http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=12131
- Getwell Oncology Pvt. Ltd., [Accessed on 17th Jun 2021], https://www.getwelloncology.com/pi/carboplatin-injection.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
- G. F. Sousa, S. R. Wlodarczyk, G. Monteiro, Carboplatin: molecular mechanisms of action associated with chemoresistance, Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014, 50(4), 693-701, [Accessed on 17th Jun 2021], https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/dfdf/3a24f611eb5f2c75b7fcc590c7042c9671d9.pdf?_ga=2.258854986.1314419529.1623932510-44692483.1618326608
How to use Adcarb 450mg Injection:
Take this injection as directed by your Oncologist. Ask for replacement if you notice visible particles. Your physician will determine the dose based on your size and how well your kidneys are functioning.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may not be safe. Therefore, your physician might suggest you stop breastfeeding for some time, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
This injection could cause nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, etc. Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience these side effects.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to this injection or its ingredients. In addition, inform your physician if you have experienced hypersensitivity to platinum-containing compounds.
- Inform your physician if you have problems in your blood or a tumor that bleeds.
- Altered mental function
- Blurred vision
- Reduced urination
- Extreme tiredness and breathlessness
- High fever
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
- Severe allergic reactions
- Irregular heartbeatConsult your physician if you are going to take yellow fever vaccination.Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Loss of taste
- Chest tightness
- Tinnitus or changes in hearing
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Hair loss
- Mouth ulcers
- Discomfort in bones, muscles and joints